Mozilla Friefox Browser
Steps for Downloading Mozilla Firefox on Internet Explorer
Computer Maintenance Guide
When needed...Help at hand
Get the Best out of your Computer This computer maintenance guide will keep your PC free from problems and keep your data safe. Download if you want to keep your computer running correctly...it's your choice!
Instructions for downloading mozilla firefox
Steps for downloading Mozilla Firefox on internet explorer and/or copy and setup on another computer
Note: If you just want to download mozilla firefox on your internet explorer browser and set it up on the same computer just simply follow same steps and when you get to part 2 click run instead of save then skip down to part 11 and continue to end.
Now to download firefox on internet explorer and then copy and set it up on a second computer follow below.
1. Go to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ and click on firefox 12.0 free download as shown below.
2. You will then be connected to another page where a file download box will open cilck on save, and "save as" dialog box will open then just click on save and the firefox file will be saved to the download folder as shown in the next 2 images
3. Download dialog box will open and start downloading as below.
4. Download dialog box will show download complete so just click on close.
5. make a copy for transfer to another computer. To do this Open the download folder and right click on firefox setup and click copy as shown below.
6. Plug in the usb memory stick into the computer and open it. If your memory stick dose not automatically open go to computer (or my computer in windows XP) and double cilck on removable disk as shown below in image.
7. Right click on an empty space in your usb memory stick (eg. removable disk:E) and click paste, firefox setup file will be copied to your memory stick as shown in image below.
8. Now close your memory stick(removable disk :E) and safely remove from computer.
9. Plug in memory stick into computer that has the problem with the internet explorer and open it as below, again you may have to go to computer to open removeable disk (usb memory stick)
10. Double click on the firefox setup file on the memory stick to start download as shown below.
11. Now an open file dialog box will open then just click on run to start the firefox setup as below.
12. Vista and windows 7 user may see user account control message, if this is the case allow the setup to run by clicking yes as shown below.
13. Extracting file box will open and start extracting.
14. Mozilla Firefox Setup Wizard will open as shown below and start instructions by clicking next.
15. Choose setup option below make sure the standard option is selected and then click next.
16. Raady to start installing firefox dialog box will open and shows you where firefox will be installed on your hard drive. Tick the box to make firefox your default browser then click install as shown below.
17. completing firefox setup wizard below will open tick launch firefox now and then click finish and firefox will install on your computer.
18.Firefox is now installing on your computer wait for this to finish.
19. Import wizard will open asking if you want to import Internet Explorer bookmarks history and passwords etc. So you should tick "Dont import anything" because they maybe the reason your internet explorer is not working so tick as shown "Don't import anything" then click next.
20. Home page selection Tick "firefox start, a fast home page with built-in search then click next.
21. Now your firefox Browser will open and hopfully you will be on line once again. Shown below is what you should see if you can connect to the internet.